Are you familiar with somatic therapy? Today we are diving deep into this healing modality with somatic counselor and yoga instructor, Laura McKellin. She helps individuals heal by using movement and breath to move trapped emotions and experiences out of the body.
Laura explains how her passion for working with the body developed from not being present in her body, and her personal experience with connecting emotions with chronic pain. We also talk about understanding our emotions through body movements, and how we can start being better at listening to our bodies. The work I’ve done with Laura was life changing, and I share my experience in this episode!
If you live in Los Angeles, Laura teaches at Light on Lotus Yoga Studio at 6:30 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
Today on Ceremony Wellness…
- Different forms of Somatic therapy
- Our window of tolerance & upper limits
- The way we numb ourselves
- Our need for support from others
- Advocating for ourselves & expressing our needs
- Learn more: lauramckellin.com
- Instagram: @lauramckellin
- Sign-up for the Realness Retreat at gettherealness.com/realness-retreat
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW