Detox and cleanse are two words in the wellness industry that are thrown around a lot. Often times, it’s to sell you a pill that will make you have diarrhea to “get it all out.” Other times, it’s a band-aid like cayenne and lemonade that is supposed to clean you out. Other times, it’s a 7-day juice cleanse to lose weight, and then you’re done and it all comes back plus five pounds.
I’m gonna go ahead and say “NO THANKS” for all of us. I’m all about pooping. I’m all about green juice. And sometimes cayenne and lemonade are delicious. But this isn’t a DETOX or a CLEANSE. I have a lot of arguments why, but my biggest one is lack of sustainability. If you can’t do it for a long period of time without repercussions, what is the point?
So here are my simple steps for detoxing from environmental toxins, daily chemical exposure, and stress.
- Get yourself some great spirulina and chlorella tablets. My personal favs are the Recovery Bits and Energy Bits. I pop 30 of these babes a day and I’ve not only gotten a ridiculous amount of dense nutrients but they also latch on to all of the stuff in your system that you’re trying to get rid of. Adios mercury! Be sure to tune into my interview with their CEO, Catharine Arnston. She explains this in amazing detail!
- Drink clean water, and lots of it. I personally get Mountain Valley Water delivered in glass bottles. And it’s not as expensive as you think, because I never buy water when I’m out. I just continue to refill mason jars before I leave the house. But make sure you’re not OVERLY hydrated and therefore not retaining anything. I have water with lemon and black lava sea salt that has natural volcanic charcoal in it. My Ayurvedic Doctor Martha at Surya Spa introduced me to this and I love it. This helps you keep the water in your body, rather than peeing it all out. If your pee is clear, you need to add salt.
- Celery juice anyone? I don’t like wellness trends. They are annoying and I can’t keep up with them. But I’m down for drinking pure celery juice first thing in the morning to help clear your system. This is straight from the mouth of Medical Medium and is proven to work wonders for Epstein Barr Virus. It has great anti-inflammatory properties, healing salts, and helps flush out viruses.
- Eat organic as much as possible. Food, alcohol, snacks. Otherwise you are exposing yourself to these chemicals all the time and fighting your own body from getting clean from pesticides and GMOs.
- Clean up your daily beauty routine. I won’t get into all the things here, but if you check out my The Must-Have Clean Beauty Travel Essentials blog and my The Best Secrets to Having Clear Skin! blog, it has links to every product I personally use and has the #gocleanwithKT seal of approval. You can also find most of it in my shop.
- Nettles tea! Steep a handful of the loose leaves overnight and drink it room temp throughout the following day. Works wonders for clearing out your system.
- Meditation, journaling, hot baths with Epsom salts or CBD BOMBS are an amazing way to detox your mind and body. Get that crap out of your brain and heart. Put it on paper so it’s no longer weighing on you internally.
There are plenty of other things you can do to detox, but these are my go-to answers. If it’s sustainable, clean, and makes sense for your healing, then by all means. And remember, you don’t have to do it all at once. Incorporating ONE thing at a time is a huge accomplishment and you should acknowledge that effort you are making to better yourself.
See you at the water cooler.