I started my period really young, and as I got older, I carried a lot of shame around about even having a period at all. I didn’t want to feel judged or disgusting for a natural thing that every woman goes through.
Today, Maeve Roughton joins me on the show to help debunk a lot of the guilt and shame that young women tend to have regarding being on their period. Maeve is the head of content for the incredible period-solutions company, Thinx. I am obsessed with the products that Thinx carries– especially their period-proof underwear. In today’s conversation, Maeve and I talk about how to support our youth around topics like menstruation, and what Thinx is doing to switch the taboo script. This episode is a must listen!
Today on Ceremony Wellness…
- Comfort levels around different “taboo” topics
- How Thinx came about and how Maeve joined the team
- What Thinx is doing for women
- Starting and keeping the conversations open
- What Maeve has learned since joining the Thinx community
- Why there’s so much shame around sexual and reproductive health
- Maeve’s hope for the next generation
- How parents can have these conversations with their kids